I needed a outfit to wear this holiday season - I have a few things in my closet but the body isn't quite the same after having a baby.
So I ventured out to the local mall(sooooo bad!). I tried one rather "mom" store - everything looked matronly on me - must be all the lumps and bump ;-) Then I tried a store aimed at teenagers. Firstly the service was shotty at best. Although once I got the one girl to help me she was quite nice. Then I tried to squeeze myself into several shirts and pants. Why oh why do they make mediums that really only fit a size 2 woman (which I am not!) So I tried on the larges - there were some rather scary versions of Ej looking like a sausage, Ej looking like a set of moguls, Ej looking like she has the biggest saggiest boobs ever!
Finally, I found a shirt and it was perfect. It was in black (I love wearing black - hides the lumps and bumps) and it was on sale. My pant and shirt cost $30. Now chances are good that they'll fall apart by New Years but who cares! They were only $15 each.
Finished off the evening with a little Purdy's ice cream (yum) as I have a figure to maintain ;-)
6 comments:
*Cheers!!* Here's for having a figure to maintain!!!
Leslie ;)
funny, and I so hear you . I once went into the Garage, looking for tanks in XL, and was told by the "lady", (she had to be like 16 at the most) that they don't go to that size.
Nice...
Sounds like a successful trip to the mall. I always have that dilemna too. I am an adult, but the "adult" shops make me look like a granny!
Size is irrevelent. If it fits, it fits. Sounds like a great bargain!
first of all... I haven't been here in a while,but I like the new look... Very Merry!!
Second, I totally get the "sausage" comment. Clothes shopping just isn't what it used to be!!!
i'm so with you on this. the mall has poor selection and it's all aimed towards teens with no hips and a waist the size of lamp stand! always frustrating. glad you found something though! :)
Post a Comment