Sunday, November 19, 2006

I love those j-i-n-g-l-e bells

Those holiday j-i-n-g-l-e bells,
those holiday j-i-n-g-l-e b-e-double l-s
I love those j-i-n-g-l-e bells

As Frank would sing!

I have started to decorate for the holidays. The mantel is a work in progress - I have included a pic from last year - I am still playing with this year's as I have added a few more Santa's but now it feels too busy so I will continue to play and then post a picture. It is still a bit early but Thanksgiving was a month ago and I am sick of the gloom of November. It was also nice to spend an hour and then be able to pack it away - as I have a LOT of stuff for the holidays and I am going to try and downsize this year.

In a shameless plug for comments - what is your favorite Christmas CD - I have so many but I think I'll pass some on and buy a few new ones. Got any favorites? One of my all time favorites is She Daisy's holiday album and I don't think a Christmas season goes by with out a little Mariah. Let me know what you love!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Well...I really enjoy Celine Dion's christmas CD from a few years back...um...last year I got Micheal W. Smith's two christmas CD's in a twin pack at walmart...really like those. Barenaked Ladies christmas CD is pretty good as well, the kids sure like it. Oh, and the ever popular classic...Boney M!!

Anonymous said...

This November has been very gloomy so far..... its been making me feel like putting out christmas decorations too! But its my first year at my own place for christmas.....and I haven't collected any christmas decorations yet! I've been waiting until my mom decides to take her christmas stuff out so that I can 'borrow' the ones I want to have ;)


KL from Krahn

kristo said...

Ah, Christmas.... well, if YOU get to decorate already then I should get to decorate!!! Time to bust out the tinsel! woo hoo!!! :-)
Fave Christmas CD? probably Bing Crosby. Okay, okay, it's the Chipmunks but I can't actually admit that, can I?

Jennifer said...

I have always loved old compilations. My favourite holiday song by far is Judy Garland's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!"

kelly ens said...

i definitely need more christmas cd's, but last year we bought JEwel's christmas cd and really enjoy it! almost time to crack it open again!