Sunday, November 05, 2006

Singing and Dancing in the Rain

On Saturday while at WOF Lisa and I decided we were going to go to Moxie's for lunch (something to wash away the taste of our putrid breakfast). So we left a few minutes early for lunch so that we'd get a table and be back in time for Avalon(who, as always, were awesome).

Of course the heaven's opened and poured rain as we skirted around GM Place. Lisa and I nearly blinded each other with our umbrella's - that's what I get for having such a tall friend - the edge of her umbrella was right at my eye level.

As we walked down Beatty the wind picked up. So now the rain is coming straight at us. We get to the corner( W Georgia) and suddenly I feel it coming. C-R-A-Z-Y time!!!! Keep in mind that while there were cars driving by there were not many people on the side walk. I burst into a (horrible) version of Singing in the Rain. I am totally wet - and the wind is making an umbrella useless - so I start doing the Can-Can, and twirling my umbrella.

Lisa, I think, wanted to die - I was quite the sight.

I thought about launching myself at a light post to see if I could do a twirl around it - like the movie. But I decided I would probably only make an arse out of myself. So I just gave the dancing my Broadway best. It was very liberating.

As the little white man started flashing for us to cross I demurely righted the umbrella and made my way up the street to have my lunch. Feeling refreshed and thinking I really needed to do that more often...You've been warned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You dance girl! Be spontaneous....we have nothing to lose!