Friday, November 17, 2006

Nobody can explain it

Yes I was told there were days when I would want to sell my child to the Gypsy's - did I believe them? No! Never tell an infertile woman that she won't love her child every second of the day! it is not something she can understand.

Once I cross over to being a parent there was a slight understanding though of that particular phrase. Don't get me wrong - I love my son (mess with him and you'll see how nasty I can be) He is the light of our lives. Yet he has not been feeling well - reacting to his chicken pox and rubella shots. This has made him one irritable screaming child who refuses to play, eat, or sleep!

I am about to lose my mind! Where there once was a mature woman dressed to the nines, there is now a bad hair , garlic breath, boogers on the shirt mother! This afternoon I thought about putting my head in the toilet and flushing just so that I would have 30 seconds with no crying! He wanted to be held this afternoon - but I couldn't sit. Nope I had to stand. I was subjected to multiple batterings as I tried to get some food in my mouth for lunch, I finally ate a few cashews and put on some videos.

He is now sleeping - and I am going to enjoy these last few moments before he wakes! May he not be crazy this evening!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh man, I hear ya! I too suffered with fertility problems and thought that there would never be a day that I ever felt like selling my kids off to the highest bidder...wrong!!! There are days, that I honestly have to say, although it shames me...that I now know why some people resort to abusing their children. NOT that that would ever cross my mind, but if they don't have a strong support network...I can see how it happens (and not that my kids are super rotten either...but you know what I'm talking about here I'm sure).

Thanks for your email. Still not certain as to whether or not I'm going to go private...like you, I have a "family" blog as well. So we'll see...right now, it seems like too much of a hassle. But if I do, I'll for sure add you to that "exclusive" group..haha! Take care and I hope the J Man gives you a break this evening!

Anonymous said...

Oh my what a week for you and jman. Dont worry about any of it. He will walk, your tooth will be beautiful, the money is just paper, and you have wonderful friends. How blessed you are!!!!!

Jamie said...

Sounds like my day with Micah. He was doing pretty good until late afternoon (typical) and with my fragile emotional state being the way it is these days, we were both crying by the time supper rolled around... Aaah, motherhood.