Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ohhh the Dentist

Today I took J-man to the dentist for the first time. He got two bouncy balls from the toy drawer - it was so cute. He didn't let go of those balls the whole time we were there, the walk back to the car, the drive to Lisa's and then some of the time at Lisa's.

Then he freak showed and screamed his head off once Ryken woke up - I am not sure we'll ever be invited over again! Of course he is still running a fever - so I won't go to work tomorrow as nobody want to deal with him right now. I resorted to his favorite video many many many times today as that was the only thing he was happy doing!

Of course I got the bad news from the dentist that I need a crown on one tooth - I suspected so but I was hoping the root canal would last a bit longer. What can I say? My teeth have gone to crap since having J-man. I am pretty sure I have sent Dr. W. on several family vacations, maybe even bought them a new car! Thanks goodness I have a great dentist who puts up with my neurotic behaviours. So I wait to find out how much this is going to set me back(at least I have some coverage). I think it may be bye-bye ipod and hello tooth for my Christmas present. As I will pay extra for the porcelain over the metal - call me vain, call me frivolous but there is not way I am having a big gold tooth in my mouth!

Okay - I am off to bed as I am starting to see double as I type!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Did Jack get a check-up too or did you just take him to the dentist for your check-up?
My teeth have rotted too since being preggo. After Micah was born I had 10 cavities! I'm scared to go back now after pregnancy #2. Especially since we no longer have extended health benefits!

Ej said...

He got his teeth looked at but no cleaning or anything. I am scared too for when I get pg next time. At least we have coverage - although crowns don't get 100% so I'll still be shelling out. I hope your teeth faired better this time - I plan to be extra diligent next time to see if that helps avoid cavity central.