Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome 2007

New year, new me??? Perhaps

I prefer to think of it as self improvement . So what am I attempting to do this year?

1. Lose 10 lbs - thanks to my thyroid and a rather crappy 2006 I have gained 5 pounds. Nothing fixes depression like Purdy's Chocolates ;-) The reason for the other 5 lbs - see #2. I am going to try following the "You: On a Diet" book by Dr. Roizen and Dr. Oz - if you watch Oprah you'll know who they are. It is all about making healthy choices rather than binge dieting. So goodbye refined sugars hello fruits, veggies and while wheat!

2. Get pregnant - seems simple enough but if history repeats itself this may be a quite the ordeal. I also think losing 5 lbs will make gaining 30+ pounds not so bad ;-) Just for clarification we are not trying right now! So don't bother looking at me with questioning expressions every time you see me!!!

3. Find a new church. We really like the one we've attended for the last 6 months but it is too far of a drive. They also have programs that are better suited for people with older kids not babies. So starting next week we'll begin the yucky task of trying new churches. Not sure where we'll go first but there are a few suggestions we've been given.

4. Get more done around the house - ie. clean up more - I go in spurts of extreme clean but then I work too much or someone gets sick and I fall off the wagon. I have hired a cleaning lady to come do the major stuff - I am not sure if I'll have her come once a month or every other week. Then we'll just run the vacuum and clean the loo once a week. My friend Lady J has a cleaning business so we'll see how I handle having a friend clean my toilets ;-) I do feel a little guilty as I only work part time but hey I work and if I want a cleaning lady I can have one. I suppose the guilt come from not being "supermom" but I've already fallen off that wagon!!

5. Construction - we want to split one of our upstairs bedrooms into an office and bedroom. We have huge bedrooms upstairs at our house so we'd like to split it so Ry can still work from home sometimes and so I can still stamp and sew(little homemaker that I am-LOL). We've already drawn up what we want done(the nice part of having a draftsman hubby) We're going to send the drawing to my brother in law(the carpenter/construction company) for an estimate - moving will cost us $15,000(real estate fees, lawyers, and property transfer tax) so hopefully the renos will only cost between 5,000-10,000. Otherwise we may just sell and move to a bigger house. We'll talk money in the spring with my other brother in law(the mortgage broker).

Okay that wraps up all the self improvement one person can handle - Hope you are all recovering from staying out soooo late ;-)

Don't forget to leave a comment if you are #4000. Last time I looked 3995!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Okay, I'm no.4000. Happy New Year EJ!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I really wanted to be # 4000! Darn it all.....well, that is okay with me and so is the rain and so is January ( a very long month) and so is packing up the holidays and so is time alone after so much visiting and so is 007....a New Year and new adventures! Happy you Erin!

Jamie said...

Ooh, I'm jealous of the cleaning lady. I feel like I could use one and I don't even work at all - lol:) Let me know how that goes for you. And I'm with you on the weight loss thing, too. I've got 17 lbs to go. I should be getting out for walks more, but these rainy days provide me such a perfect excuse not to!

shari said...

Happy New Year!! I hope you are blessed with all your hearts desires this year. =)