Today we made a repeat visit to the same church we attended last week. We really like it. They have an orientation meeting coming up in a few weeks and we may go to that to see what's up in church land. They also have a bunch of Small Groups starting - or continuing - anyway we may try out some of those.
We really want to get a local church - and stop all this crazy driving!! Some family friend's of Ry's go to this church so we've met up with them each Sunday. J-man had fun in nursery and that was a huge relief. The worship is amazing - and coming from a church where Brian Doerksen is the leader - that is saying something. I also really like the pastor and his wife - they've preached together the last two Sunday's which was neat. I like seeing the leadership of the church being by both people in a married couple.
My tooth is bugging me tonight so I may go take some meds for it - they make me so dumb though so I resist - no win. Either pain and alert or less pain and groggy/fuzzy. Tomorrow my friend Jane is coming to clean(she does it as a business). I am so excited that I don't have to clean - I am tidying up surfaces so she can clean clean clean tomorrow. I am no longer feeling bad about hiring someone - I have to work 4 days this week - when would I have the time to clean???
I have been trying to not eat white flour or white sugar - and right now I want a big bowl of candy! Or even a nice slab of white bread! Anything that isn't brown(unless it was coke!) I shall prevail - I'll post more about my success(or lack thereof) tomorrow. Lastly(although it is probably over now) it was official delurk week - so delurk delurk delurk! I won't bite and I love new blogs (feeds my addiction)
5 comments:
do I count a s a 'delurker'???
I don't think I do...
anyhoo, I was here and now I'm
Sounds like a cool church - I hope it works for you guys to find something local!
A big bowl of candy sounds lovely - is this part of the new diet plan? I might need to join in ;)
I hope you find a church that you enjoy and feel at "home" in.
We've tried out our share out here...its not fun. I don't enjoy it. But you gotta do what you gotta do.
I hope your tooth feels better soon! And don't cave for the candy! (I should talk...haha) Take care!
we too are trying not to eat refined foods! We failed misrabley this weekend...being stuck inside for 3 days can make you cranky without junk food!
Maybe we can swap some recipes...if you have any dinner ideas that are not refined!
When we moved to our current city, we tried this local Church. But it wasn't the same as our church. Even as imperfect and disfunctional it was we really miss that church. But we can't drive 6 hours to get to church and 6 back every Sunday. So I will get involved with another one.
Have your ever heard this saying? "If you find a perect Church, don't go cause you will wreck it".
Post a Comment