We lost power sometime this afternoon and it finally came back on a little while ago - hence the rather late post.
It is hard to not have any electricity - ever tried to read by flicking candle light? Perhaps the glow of a cell phone? Not my cell phone mid you as the battery dies after one call(I need a new one but who has the $$$$)
I got home from work and discovered that half of town was in the dark. Parked in the guest spot and used the glow of my cell to find the lock in the front door. I usually go through the garage - i think I have used my front door key two times since we moved in - I didn't even know which key it was(process of elimination at the door - ummmm nope not that one, nope that's the car, nope mail key, mom's house, maybe this one?? Yup!) So after Ry picked up dinner(timmies) we sat around bored out of our tree. I mean what were we suppose to do - talk to each other?????? I sat huddled arounds the fire place trying to keep warm, killing my eyes in an attempt to read.
Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist(provided the forecasted snow doesn't shut down the roads) I have several Adavan(spelling?) to help me through(DENTAL PHOBIC HERE). So I hope it goes okay - I blocked out most of what the dentist said after he mentioned shaving the bone of my jaw blah blah blah - I hope ignorance is bliss. Speaking of dental nightmares - read this - at Happy Chaos.
Spell check isn't working tonight so my apologies - I am a horrible speller. Family of Five - would love to check out your blog - but can't view your profile - where can I find a link(you can email me(see profile page) or just send a comment - I don't have to publish the comment if you want to keep it private.
Back tomorrow with horror stories from the 'chair'
8 comments:
ooohh, I too hate the dentist!!
Will be thinking of you as you're at the dentist. I had four of those little blue pills myself with my second go round of getting my wisdom teeth out (first time...nightmare, laughing gas just made me cry, freezing wouldn't take...fun!) I actually fell asleep and was told that I was snoring...they work wonders! I hope they work wonders for you too! Take care!
I sent you an email. I HATE when our power goes out... it is so much worse with kids!! We too are so technologized if that is even a word! Drive safe in the snow!!
love the new pics!!!!!!
I am freaked of the dentist as well. the happy-gas stuff is my friend. gets me through it all.
Well, Erin is resting or comatose as we say and did survive. I read Happy Chaos' blog and well, sister you have won the prize for the worst dental story ever. I feel there is a need to have a book for this phobia.....dentist really need to know how many people have problems with treatment! I may have to write it! Brush and floss and take what you can..........
I tried to make a cell call in this great Sask blizzard and the entire network was down.
Cell phones suck in mass emergency situations and in your case even when it's a flashlight.
DOWN WITH CELL PHONES
I hope your appointment went well today!!! I thought about you!
our power was out then too...so boring with hubby at work, baby napping, and nothing to do!!!
Post a Comment