"wahhhhhhhhhhhhh," come the wail from across the room. J-man has managed to hit his head, or knee, or finger on something. Probably because he is trying to destroy the house and the furniture fought back.
I run over like the typical mom to see if there is blood or definite bruising. Yup right on the forehead is a nice big goose egg, courtesy of the coffee table. I scoop my poor crying baby up and whisper soft mommy talk. "You're okay. Did you bang your head? Do you need your blankie?" You get the drift. Meanwhile I absently pat his back.
Suddenly I notice that he is patting my arm/back as he buries his head in my shoulder. Pat, pat pat goes that chubby little baby hand. "It's okay mama, I'm tough," this seems to tell me. I start to giggle as it is so cute. He lifts his head as if to say "what is so funny - I am in pain here!" Then he tilts his head and gives me the eye and we go back to pat pat patting each other.
Sometimes he is so darn cute and funny I think my heart will just burst!
4 comments:
he is so damn cute...love him!! i wont be coming to abby this week. I have unfortuantely came down with a nasty cold and i am unable to fly because of my ears...i will soon though!!
ohhh that little face!
oh-so-sweet!
that is precious... makes me want to get my baby out of bed to cuddle!
Post a Comment