Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Scale

I hate scales. They can either make you blissfully happy or majorly depressed.

This morning I got on the scale. Why oh why do I torture myself so??? Monday's is my usual weigh in day. But I thought what the hey - I'll jump on this morning.

The little dial swings back and forth. Will it crush me like a bug or make me sing an dance across the bathroom.

Bam it lands on a number - I peek down. Ahhhhhhh what the ?????? How can it read 156 - on Monday I was 148. How could I have gained back the 4 pounds I have lost and then gained 4 additional pounds.

I rip the head band off my head in hopes that, that had been the heavy factor. Nope nothing changes. True I had a cinnamon dolce latte yesterday, and a tiny square at Lisa's but 8 pounds! Come on!!!

I step off the scale and back on several more times - just to make sure. Nuts - still the same every time. I am deeply perplexed at this point and get back on again - I am not sure what I thought I was going to achieve by hoping on and off but I was in a complete state.

At last I glanced down at the number - willing it to change when I notice that it isn't above the 150 mark but below - I haven't seen under 150 in awhile so I had misread the scale. I was jumping for joy(literally) I got back on several more time - 146 each time.

Yes I know you are all in shock that I actually put my weight on here - but it is just a number. I am more interested in general health but it is still nice to see the numbers decreasing rather than increasing!

Ry need the computer now so I have to get off but tomorrow I'll tell you all about You:On a Diet - great book!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

What a pleasant surprise to realize you were reading the scale wrong! Let me know what you're doing because I need to lose a few myself ;)

Lee said...

I am very proud of you! I dont even like to utter my weight out loud, let alone out-online!
I would love to be that # u are. I am like double that. Well a slight exaggeration.
Yuck. So tell me, whats so great about the book? I saw it at Costco, and thought of yu and Lisa.

kers said...

congrats!! even if its just a number, still makes you feel better when its going down!!! hope things are going well..oh yes when im there, ill be there for the whole weekend