Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Birthday Police

I am a birthday cop - I love birthdays. I try to remember this important day. After all - it is the day you were born - the day you graced the world. I think it should be celebrated. What other day can you basically get your way - and everyone is happy about it!!

So I get rather peeved when people don't remember. In fact I think it is down right rude to not call a friend/family member the week of their birthday.

But today I violated my own law! I forgot my hubby's birthday! Last year was the big 3-0 so this year we haven't really planned anything. I have also been so busy at work I haven't had time. We ended up going for dinner tonight - with J-man in tow - who only threw a minor fit. I feel rather bad - of course he rubbed it in my face until I reminded him that he usually forgets my birthday. Not completely but he usually gets me a card the day before - because I have reminded him to! And the day of I usually say "so-n-so called to say Happy birthday to me and blah blah blah" to which I hear a gasp and a quick"happy birthday"

Still I have broken my own law - sorry Ry - love you and happy birthday.

6 comments:

Family Of Five said...

You are a bad girl! I was a bad wife this year too.... we agreed I would not get him any presents because we bought a new bed but I got so busy and ran out of time to get a card or anything from the kids. I felt like such a bad wife. I'm sure he still loves you! :)

BigDaddyGonzoVents said...

I guess that being a B'day cop is better than being a B'day Nazi.
Happy Birthday Ry

Sorry I haven't posted latley I have been really busy with my career. So I'm posting on my favs to keep them happy and to show that I still care :)

kers said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RY!!!!!! he told me when i was in your area over christmas and im the bad cousin or second cousin or whatever i am and i forgot as well!! so happy birthday mr enns!! and ej how are things?? teeth better??? cranky still??? let me know girl..!! say hi to j man..oh yes coming to your area in feb, to see the neice, the bro and of course you guys!!

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday Ry!!

I'm the most awful when it comes to b'days! I remember, I call...but thats about as far as it goes!

Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Your lucky that your husband takes you somewhere on your birthday. I don't even get a birthday or taken out to dinner on my birthday.

Jennifer said...

Try not to feel too bad. It's so easy to get caught up in the business of life. But a belated happy birthday to your hubby!