Friday, December 29, 2006

Marcy Leaves

Marcy is hitting the sky and flying home tomorrow. Boo hoo! I managed to not cry when I left tonight. She has promised to come back this summer! I threatened her if she didn't.

My Aunt and Uncle came into town with my two cousins today. So we hung out with them - had a little brunch, then a little tea and scone at The Clayburn General Store - we felt very British. I finally got to meet baby M. She was so tiny and cute. 3 1/2 weeks old and breaking hearts already. J-man was not so happy to have mom holding another baby. This is new and made me glad as he sometimes doesn't seem very attached to me - so self sufficient that little stinker.

We bought a new printer today - YIPPEE!! Our old one(which was a cast off from someone else) had finally given up yesterday. We've known it was going for about a year and we've been nursing it along. Yesterday it just munched up the paper and printed all over the place. We've been researching and waiting till it finally died. Then thanks to some Christmas money we picked one we could buy. Went into Staples to pick it up and the next higher up model was marked down $70 so it was even cheaper then the model we we're going to get(but with a few nicer options). So now I can scan all those nice teenage shots of myself onto here!!!

J-man has started to wake up at 6AM - which is killing us. I know some of you are ready to laugh at me but he used to sleep till 7AM on a bad day and 8-8:30 on a good day. We are so tired and the holidays have thrown our semi schedule out the window. We've tried feeding him more - in case he's waking up hungry, we've tried dressing him in warmer pj's to see if it's because he's cold. Tonight we are trying a smaller bedtime bottle to see if his diaper is too full - as he's busting through his diapers most mornings. So if this doesn't work I don't know what else to try - anyone got any tips? He is so miserable with the lack of sleep. Instead of having a afternoon nap he hasn't been making it past 10-10:30 before he is falling asleep. Then he sleeps 1-2 hours but around 5:30-6 he is NUTS. Sometime falling asleep on the floor or in someones lap and then not being ready for bed till 9-9:30PM. I am hoping being back at home and in our normal routine will help but if not I will be even crazier then before. HELP!

Leah - are you happy with the colour now or are you still not liking it? Yes I MSN - haven't done it in awhile so I reset myself up - lets get chatting! Sadly we are too tired to even think about going out on New Years and trying to get babysitting is murder. So I think we are going to order in food and watch a movie! Next year I'll throw a party and you are invited ;-)

3 comments:

kers said...

Great to see you!! ILL BE BACK

BigDaddyGonzoVents said...

I like the new look. I was happy to just have my family all to myself for Christmas. It's great to have extended but I really enjoyed this change.

Lee said...

much better color to read...