Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lost and Found

Today J-man and I ventured into Costco(yes we are crazy).

We marched up and down aisles, throwing things at random into the buggy. J-man decided as we got to the freezer section that throwing things out of the cart was a super fun idea! So after crackers, stuffed monkey(named Monkey) and smaller items hit the floor he was given a firm warning not to mess with me! Finally all but Money ended up in the back of the cart - far away from those chubby little hands. There is only so much you can do to an 18 month old in the store!!

There were no lines ups at the tills(which is shocking!). I get out in the rain, get to the car and unload. It then dawns on me that Monkey is not in the cart anymore. Crap - the little man threw him at some point and I missed it!

So I marched back inside and start wandering the aisles at a record speed - which was not easy as it was just after 4pm - which is when it gets busy again. So I dodge people and their carts. I am now sweating as I hurry along (I am late getting to Lisa's now). No sign of Monkey - but my feet are dying(as I am wearing my yummy mummy boots) and I'm hot and flushed. I finally go to customer service which takes forever. Nope no monkey there but they give me a number to call later to see if it gets turned in.

I am sad but trudge back into the rain and to my car. J-man is jabbering at me in Jackanese (what we call his baby chit chat). So I was beyond late to go to Lisa's but being the forgiving friend she still invited me in!

Tonight I was sure Monkey was gone but I tried Costco just in case and 10 minutes before I called he had been turned in! I am now breathing a huge sign of relief and J-man will be very happy to have him back. Monkey got a four hour adventure in Costco - I hope it was fun!

2 comments:

kers said...

does monkey speak jackanese?

Jamie said...

I'm glad you found your little Monkey! I know Micah would freak out if we ever lost his Frog!