Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The secret pile-o-junk

Spent part of my evening down in the dungeon aka the crawl space.

We are lucky that it is 4 ft high so we can sit and sort to our hearts content. After about 30 minutes my noise starts to burn from the dust. Our dryer vent comes down from the main floor and then through the crawl space to the outside - and the tube that connects to the dryer is at an odd angle so it often pops off and blows dryer lint through the crawl space - lovely!

The crawl space is getting to the point where it is full - which is embarrassing to admit - well it isn't full to the edges but the center area is full. When Little G was born we lost the office so many things were packed up and shoved down there(or in my bedroom - a story for another day!)

Somethings down there are needed sporadically like summer fans. Then there are the many boxes of baby gear. We aren't sure if we are done(having babies) yet so we have boxes and boxes of boy and girl stuff. And then there is the many different items like bouncy chairs, exosaucers, swings, potties etc. etc. etc. All these items are well and good but they do take up a lot of space. If I was a rich person I would get rid of it all after each kid :) Someone should start a service where you can rent things like this. Anyway, one day all that stuff will be gone so I try not to worry about it.

The thing I worry about are the boxes I haven't unpacked from when I moved in - 4 years ago. I totally admit that I can be a hoarder. I get emotionally attached to things - which is dumb I know. I am working on it. But one thing I find that works for me is putting it away and looking at it later(when I can be objective) But now I have a lot of stuff that I need to sorted.

So tonight I went down and sorted through a few boxes - and it was really easy as I figured if I haven't missed it in the last few months(years) it is time to get rid of it. I was feeling really accomplished for me few boxes until Ry pointed out the other's waiting - spoilsport :)

Tomorrow my fabulous cousin Kerry is coming(I wrote that just for you K) So I am sure we'll have lots to blog about! Till then my fellow bloggers!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

What cute kids you have.

Family Of Five said...

Your kids are so cute!! I am happy to hear from you and see things are going well. Have a fun visit!