Okay so a fitful night of sleep has brought me down off the ledge but AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
So I go into see Dr. W yesterday - expecting bad news. I wasn't being negative but I knew the tooth was toast. Turns out it is worse than I thought, than even the dentist thought originally.
A little background - I have been suffering from repeated sinus infections since I was about 7 months pregnant with Little G. I have had antibiotics a few times but most of the time they have been treatable with a Neti Pot and a nose spray. Every time my sinus got funky; my tooth got really sensitive. I asked about this and was told it was because the roots of our teeth are really close to our sinus cavity. Therefore inflammation in the sinuses can lead to tooth sensitivity.
I accepted that. Sadly it turns out that more was going on. I don't know what happened first but basically the infection(which eventually turned into the abscess) in my tooth, and the infection n my sinus decided to get frisky(trampy germs). So they ate through the bone between them. So my sinus and my tooth were kind of sharing a room so to speak.
So where does this leave the lover of all things dentist??? Off to see a Oral Surgeon...I got a last minute cancellation appointment so I will even get to go in today for the consultation. I will be spending a HUGE amount of money on this. I am thinking it will be to $4000-$5000 for teh implant(they'll screw a metal rod into my jaw and place a crown on top of that). So I am looking for a money tree in the backyard. So far I've only found a maple and lilac tree. It is kind of embarrassing to borrow money from your parents when you're in your 30's ;) I am hoping my extended health will cover some of my expenses so that I only have 2-3000 out of pocket.
Anway I better go roll some pennies to pay for food and gas :)
Till tomorrow my friends
3 comments:
I'm so sorry :( At least they caught it before any more damage happened. Or at least they're not getting rid of all teeth (I'm trying here ...) Thinking of ya!
Atleast gas is going down:)
But seriously...I cannot imagine what you've been going through. I hope once you have it all done and over with that you start feeling alot better!!!
scary!!
and here's some praying that the money will grow somewhere:)
and i know how embarassing it is, but hey: that's what family is here for (not to be embarassed, but to get help....)
hope you're feeling better soon!
leslie
Post a Comment