Saturday, November 08, 2008

The filter

Do you have a filter?

The definition around here of the filter : what keeps you from saying what's really on your mind. Such as "Your butt looks huge in that" or "Your kids are brats". There is a multitude of inappropriate things that one could say everyday and yet thanks to the filter we all have we don't tell our friends, family, co-workers the first thing that pops into our head. You may not even realize your filter is at work.

My sister in in medically induced menopause for a few months(long story). But what happens when you turn a 20 something year old woman into a 50 year old woman is you lose the filter. My sister says something that shock me. She will tell me off or insult me and not bat an eye. When she sees my expression she notices - and slaps her forehead "Sorry, my filter is broken"

Today Ker and I are going to see my Grandma, who also lost her filter(if she ever had one). We are taking bets on who she'll insult today. Last time Kerry(a size 2) was told she was big boned - LOL. So we'll see who is the target today. Of course one of the perks of being old and being nutty is you can get away with saying things like that. Last time I went I was told my kids were cute but she couldn't figure out what had happened to me. My sister and I couldn't make eye contact because we thought it was so funny. We'll see what happens today!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So .... ?? Anything good? :)

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

I have a filter but it's not the same as everyone else's I always feel I can say more than other people can.

And I do get away with it. It's all in the humor and honesty.

My kids . . . no filter yet. Comic genius. How will they learn with me as an example?