Seriously FREAKING out!
I think I have an abscessed tooth. Not cool - I am so not okay with this!!!!!!!!!!!
It is on a tooth that has already been root canaled. Another uncool procedure I might add. This tooth had a lot of tooth decay - and had a HUGE filling. Then because the filling was so huge it didn't last and so then came the root canal. Of course that tooth had deformed roots which led the dentist to tell me that he wasn't sure if the root canal would work.
So here I am with the root canal not working. Since the dentist and I have already talked about this tooth I am pretty sure we are at worst case scenario right now. Which would be (get ready for it) having the tooth removed, then crowning the teeth on either side and having a bridge aka fake tooth put in. I AM SO NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!
I hate the dentist - not him as a person just the fact that this tooth has already cost me more than my college education and it isn't finished yet! Being a complete dental phobe I will be requesting a specialist referral - and taking any sedative they offer!
I called the office this morning and they tried to talk me into having my check up done - I backhanded the girl(figuratively) and told her to shut up and get me into see the dentist. I will deal with their floss Nazi another day. My file has a big sticker on it(seriously) saying that I HATE the dentist experience. Have some compassion you nit wit - I have an abscess and you are trying to talk me into more dental work? You better believe I am going to give Dr W an earful about that. One of the perks as already being marked as a nut is you can go off on them about things and it doesn't matter cause they already know you're unhinged ;)
FREAKING OUT HERE PEOPLE -MAJORLY!!!!!
Okay time to get off the ledge - as I am about to cry. Gotta get the kiddos ready and off to preschool etc. so I can go to the torture chamber. Pray for me if you get the chance because only divine intervention is going to make me a happy girl today!
**Update : So the news is worse than I thought - I will be going to a oral surgeon as this is not pretty - in the words of Dr. W "I won't even touch that" I told him I hate him, he said "Ya I know" I told him not to take it personally and he laughed at me. At least the guy knows I am crazy. I'll save the rest of the detail for tomorrow - that's part of the charm of NaBloPoMo :) I am currently having a hot chocolate with LOTS of whipping cream. Fat, sugar, and chocolate - not going to make the tooth worse but it might put me into an sugar coma so I forget this ever happened.
4 comments:
thinking about you!
have the same issues with one of my teeth....and i'm scared to see the dentist....
leslie
ok, that does not sound fun at ALL!!!! may I make a recommendation? Go to Dr. Venier (any one of the three - it's a father and two sons) here in Abby. they are AWESOME, and the hygienists are really gentle. I kid you not, I have no problem going to the dentist now. Not that I had a phobia to begin with, but it's never an enjoyable experience. I honestly have nothing negative to say about them.
I'm feelin your pain...ouch! If anything good should come out of it...it's got to be the drugs! I hope you feel better soon!
Oooooowwwwwwwch!
Post a Comment