Sunday, November 02, 2008

Men vs Women

The two genders can be very divided - never more obviously than today. For some reason all the things that make us different stood out to me.

First - men like to look everywhere but at the road when they are driving. They weave around in their lane until the woman in the car grips the door handle and shrieks "DITCH,DITCH,DITCH" at which point the man in question will bring the car back to the centre of the lane. Next he'll gift the woman in question with a look of pure annoyance and the occasional rebuttal of "I was no where near the ditch." HA!

Second - today at a party two children where out of control, ganging up on the other kids and hitting them on the head(making several cry) Now the mother of one or both leaned down and told them to give the crying kid a balloon to hit back(ah no - if my kid is crying back away before I smack you - but I digress). This same mother is wearing a very low cut shirt and flashing the mammalries to those of us sitting near by. I meet eyes with another parent(male parent) and we both raise out eyebrows. Me the female(for those keeping track) to the fact that this mother thinks hitting a crying child is okay as long at they have a balloon and the male parent to the fact that the ta-tas are out on display. Ry leans over and whispers in my ear "Who knew there were presents for the adults!" Just to note Ry was being sarcastic not pervy - don't want anyone to think my hubby is a perv.

Third - Ignoring the baby syndrome. While visiting with some friends, the boys(and I mean hubbies and kids) went downstairs - hockey was on doncha know. Lisa and I stayed upstairs to chat. Little G wanted to play with the boys(so she went down too) and Baby E was already sleeping for the night. Later as we are packing up it comes up that Little G got her first taste of Crown Royal. Huh??? Turns out that the little boys were playing games and the big boys were watching hockey and running interference between the little boys. During this time Little G got Ry's cup and helped herself to a drink. Oddly and perhaps scarily she liked it and they had to pry it from her hands. So much for adult supervision ;)

Last and perhaps my favourite - at G's party a friend of ours wrote on our calendar "Ry beer night" for Friday. When we saw this friend today I jokingly ribbed him about it as I found it quite funny. Later the hubbies are talking about actually getting together on Friday (hello girl movie and chocolate for me!!) Then they ended the conversation being smartypants by saying "Ej and Lisa get together like 5 times a week so I think we should be able to go out Friday." LOL - men! Gotta love 'em. We don't get together 5 times a week and when we do get together we have all four kids with us. I don't remember the last time we went and did something with no kids. So mom and kiddo coffee hour(aka two frazzled mothers keeping kids from fighting and hitting while occasionally talking about what we are making for dinner.) isn't the same as heading out to a movie and dinner with a friend.

That's all I got tonight friends - see ya tomorrow.

**PS - This is not a man bashing post - so don't leave me some narsty man hater comments either directed to me or men in general. It is only the humorous differences in the way we think that I found funny today - getting off my soap box now!

No comments: