Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Yes - I would like some cheese with this whine!

I HATE my thyroid! I think it is off...again. Oh how I wish it would just stay the same for a while. For those that don't know - I have Hashimoto Hypothyroidism. Basically my body developed antibodies (who knows how or when) to my own thyroid. These in turn try and kill my thyroid. Every few months those bloody anti-bodies go on a bender and kill a bit more of my thyroid. Thus making my medication insufficient.

What does that do???? MAKES ME CRAZY!!!! First - my nails get very weak, then my hair starts to fall out, then my eyelashes start falling out, then in swoops depression, heart palpitations, and anxiety. It also throws the reproductive system out of whack(so AF goes berserk!)

Grrrrr I feel mad that my body. My thyroid also tries to grow bigger(giving me a lovely goiter) so that it can produce more thyroid hormones. How I love to be not only depressed and feeling psychotic but also to be losing my neck and looking like my face is swelling. Yes it is vain and yes I wish it didn't bother me but hey no neck is not attractive. Add thin hair(not that anyone notices as I have very thick hair) and very few eyelashes and I am one HAPPY camper!

Tomorrow I will go on my lunch and get stuck with a needle - ohhh another of my favorite things. If the levels are not off - oh crap then I really am depressed. Back into therapy - which is very nice but expensive.

Okay I shall go try and sleep now - fatigue is another nice side benefit of a whacked out thyroid. As well as insomnia - go figure!

PS. Tomorrow I promise to post something happy - or at least not depressing - how about the photos of the floor I stripped today - so pretty now!

No comments: