Sorry sorry sorry about the lack of posts. There are some issues around here that have made me not really want to post. It is not something I want to post about yet. In a week or so I may post on it. I'll need to talk about it with the person involved as it does concern me but is not about me. Suffice to say it sucks!
Okay on to some less dreary stuff :) Last week at work we had our server go down and lost all our computer systems - this was not so fun. It is kind of like speeding down the road with a thin bandanna over your eyes - you have an idea of the big obstacles but you can get into trouble pretty fast!
So after a few hours of cranky staff and members I declared that I was doing a Starbucks run - as I thought a Pumpkin Spice Latte would help me enormously! So Andrea and I walked out to my car(hobbled if your Andrea as she has a broken foot!) and drove to buckles. We submitted eight beverage orders. Now there was no one else ordering or in line behind us when we ordered. So I rambled off my orders (some easy - grande latte, some harder - grande nonfat, extra hot, with whip, peppermint mocha). So as we are waiting for the mountain loads of drinks a strange pheromone must have been released because 10 people all came in and ordered drinks. So now we are standing there waiting for our drinks being glared at by the others who ordered after us.
Suddenly this freakish looking man comes over to us and snarls "Are you guys the reason why everyone's drinks are taking so long?" We were holding trays at this point with 4 of the eight drinks - so we were the obvious culprits of the line slow down. "Yup! There wasn't anyone here though when we ordered" I declared right back at him - in my sunniest, darn I forgot to take my name tag off so I have to be nice voice! Then he lips back "I ordered right after you" I couldn't tell if he was going to continue to argue with us, knock our drinks to the floor or just walk away.
If I hadn't still been wearing my work ID I probably would have been not so very nice and told him to buzz off. And since he was the one ordering after us shouldn't he have known that there was a slew of drinks on our order??? I mean honestly buddy - I didn't stew about this for hours and then order my drinks just to piss you off - although since you are such a jerk I think I'll change one of the drinks to decaf after it is already made just so that your drink is delayed even more!
I was already cranky from work and now some moron accosts us in the Starbucks. Do you not see that I am caffeine deprived, and been without a computer for TWO whole hours???? Really I should have been wearing a sash of yellow caution tape and had a orange pylon cone follow me to keep people back.
Luckily when we came back the server had finally had power restored and we all then used that caffeine to frantically do all the work we'd hand processed for the last two hours. Hooray for the Tall Pumpkin Spice nonfat, extra hot, no whip latte!
No comments:
Post a Comment