Monday, October 30, 2006

With

I simply must complain about this rather annoying saying that many people use. They use with at the end of a sentence or question. Such as - I am going to the store, you wanna come with? We went to the mall, Jane came with. or the worst offender Come with?

With WHAT!!!! With large fries, with a coke??? Don't just leave me hanging there. Does with not imply the need for something to be attached? Example - I am going upstairs do you want to come with me? or We went downtown, and Sue came with us.

So please please please I beg you do not leave with just hanging out there. Attach something to it.

2 comments:

Lee said...

you sound like my hubby. He's always correcting me, I like to use big cool sounding words, and I guess I don't always get it right!
whatever!

L&D said...

Thanks for the laugh out loud. I hear ya on this one.