Saturday, October 13, 2007

Let'er Rip!

The end of pregnancy is so glamorous! Lately the way this baby is sitting makes the intestines a little mad. Resulting in you guessed it but loud farts that I have no control over! I mean no control. I will be walking and they just happen. Which often results in me being totally embarrassed. We all let'em rip occasionally but don't we try and keep it down when in public???

Today my sister and I were in Sears buying J-man a car seat. His was a hand me down that was a bit too old and I was getting nervous about it. So when I opened the flyer today and saw them on sale I was on a mission. I marched off the elevator and as I am doing my purposeful stride to the car seat department - one rips out. My sister gaped at me in shock. Not that I could create such noise - but that I did it right there where anyone could hear. I quietly explained to her that my body was just impossible to control anymore and just to be thankful that is was noise not stink I was shooting! She started ducking behind racks to avoid further embarrassment.

I found a car seat that I liked and of course it was on the bottom shelf. So I bent down to get a closer look. Wouldn't you know it another zips out, which makes Marcy and I burst out laughing which in turn causes a few more to fly! I am now laughing so hard I am sitting on the ground with tears rolling down my face, and Marcy is hanging onto J-man's stroller trying to catch her breath. I am pretty sure there were several people who heard - I wanted to die. But I really needed the car seat so I regained what small amount of dignity I could muster and got a sales clerk to ring in my purchase - and then we fled! So if you were in the baby department of Sears today and were disgusted by some crazy farting lady - it was me and I am sorry ;-)

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I'd have to say that I never really had that happen to me. You seem to handle it well though! Hope the next 5 weeks go by fast for you. Feels like you just announced though.

L&D said...

Hee hee.

Just think....in a few short weeks you'll have your body back to yourself.

Amber said...

pregnant woman are excused for so much ;) i say, good for you!