Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's the final count down!

Yesterday I did a Superstore run and purchased newborn diapers! For some reason that made me freak out - I AM HAVING A BABY SOON! I know that you are shocked by this announcement. I realize that I am pregnant - putting on socks is a whole new experience these days usually involving grunts and groans. Yet somehow the reality of actually having a baby again is wigging me out.

I am going to have kids. Shouldn't I have had to take a test or proved I am capable of such a thing! The baby items are stacking up in preparation - car seat - check, diapers - check, clothes - check. Yet I really don't feel prepared. I have done it before so I am sure it will all come back to me but ack how did I do this before????

I delivered early with J-man - so they think I may be early again (kind of cruel to say that to an enormously pregnant woman don't you think?). If I delivered the same day as I did last time I have 2 weeks left! But if I go late I could end up being pregnant for up to 5 weeks more than I was last time!

Well as J-man would say it is time for "nigh nigh"

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

I can imagine that moment of freak out realization!!!
whenever this baby does arrive, i hope you feel ready to "re-learn" (because i think we all forget what an infant is like) and adjust to kidS.

L&D said...

I can totally understand how this whole thing is wigging you out. You're used to it being the 3 of you......and now to add another into the mix is, well, sort of incomprehensible. I get it. Best of luck. Praying your labor & delivery will go smoothly and SOON!

Family Of Five said...

My first was 3 weeks early and my second was 1 week early! So... just to be safe... be prepared for early!! :) I am so excited for you!

Leslie said...

They'll hand you that baby and you'll go "Oh yea, I remember!" I'm no where near you, but we got all M's clothes out of the attic, and I went through them. There were newborn onesies and newborn diapers. I sat there and went "OH MY..." so I can imagine what it's like with only a few WEEKS (vs months for me). You'll be just great and you can laugh at me as I begin to freak :)