I noticed something yesterday. Facebook is full of groups dedicated to people who have passed away. I even belong to the one for Nate. One thing I have seen repeatedly in some of these groups is people writing RIP or Rest in Peace. Nate's group doesn't have this saying (maybe once but I am not sure)
I find the whole RIP thing a little too Halloween. It makes me think of cardboard cut out graves that people stick in their front yard in an attempt to scare people. The other thing that it says to me is that the person who wrote it is unsure of whether the person who died is in a 'better' place. I know Nate is in heaven. Therefore there is no need to say rest in peace - he is at peace. The people who need peace are those left behind. Grieve and wait for peace seems to be a better saying - but the initials don't work as well ;-)
Yesterday was 2 months since Nate died. The family is on my mind and heart daily. I lift them up in prayer whenever I think of them. If you haven't gotten a chance I recommend Rosanna's blog. She has written some beautiful things and been so honest in her grief over losing her husband. I don't know Rosanna that well but as her sister in Christ I grieve with her. My favourite post of hers is where she asks "Does Jesus really love me?" Rosanna's honesty in her struggle through this and her unwavering strength in Jesus is beautiful and inspiring.
No comments:
Post a Comment