Monday, September 24, 2007

How to make a toddler mad!

J-man has has a stuffy nose the last day. I wasn't sure if he was getting something or if he just had a big ol' booger up there. Last night Ry managed to fish out a nice booger but this morning I could hear his nose whistle! So I decided to try and help things along. A little saline spray up the nostril was the plan.

So I got the saline spray, took the cap off, gave it a few squirts to make sure it was working and went in search of my poor unsuspecting son.

I tried the sneak attack first - no luck. Those little arms are quick.

Next I pinned him down - or should I say attempted to pin him down. I think it would have taken 4 full grown men to get this kid down. Being as I am only one woman - I got saline all over me but none even remotely close to J or his nose.

I just about gave up as I now had a mad crying toddler with a stuffy nose. So I slinked off to the kitchen to regroup and formulate a new game plan. Perhaps the crying would do the job for me - so I grabbed a cloth(to wipe tears up), and the saline (on the odd chance I could get some in there) and approached again.

Well arms flailed, tears came and not a drop of saline was used. I almost conceded defeat - and thought that J-man would have a whistling nose forever when I saw a booger. Hanging on for dear life inside that little nose. I attacked with renewed vigor and apprehended the evil morsel.

The whistle is now gone! Isn't being a mom so glamorous???

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Ha ha...I can so relate. I used to have to go after my son's nose with a pair of tweezers to get those nasty rubber cement boogers out! Not fun...but they just held onto his nose for dear life and trying to get a kid at that age to blow...ya right...so he got pinned down on numerous occasions!

Boogers...aren't they beautiful? haha!

Amber said...

Nothing like a good booger story! Glad it all worked itself out (pun intended...) in the end :) I just heard something really gross last week...maybe it's an effective booger-removing method, but it's not for me. My moms aunt used to SUCK the boogers out of her kids nose and then spit them out. I feel ill just thinking about it...ewwww.

Renee Shaw said...

You are too hilarious! lol
and I agree with Amber on the whole sucking, then spitting thing...ill! Thankfully Preston is really good with that kind of stuff...I just tell him to sing a song with me then I get to work! lol

Trev and Rebekah said...

Two things I can't stand are bad breath and boogers. I always attack Isaiah with my fingernail and pull out his boogers whenever I can.