Thursday, January 17, 2008

Workin it!

Since one of my new years resolutions was to lose this lovely "I just had a baby tummy" I have been trying to figure out what I want to do for exercise. I pondered joining a gym or trying to walk more but gyms want you to sign a contract in blood or give your first born as the initiation cost, and the weather - I'd have better luck wanting to canoe down the street than walk!

Then like a strike of lightening I thought of buying a workout DVD - so now I can dance like the stars in the safety and warmth of my living room.

So I put on my lululemon pants and began my workout. Chase, releve, cha cha cha, 4 more chirps the leader. Then the skinny girl with abs that could cut glass describes what we will do next. Jumps. Ohh that is going to hurt the calves I thought. So we begin, 1,2,3,...uhoh 4,5,6 I think I need to stop. I can tell right then and there that the damage caused to the human body by birthing 2 beautiful children has struck. I am not sure if I just pee'd my pants. I don't think I have but it did feel like I was about to lose something!

Luckily I am okay...this time. So my friends, I will not be joining my kids on the trampoline, nor will I hop down a few stairs, or skip down the street. At least until I am sure that my bladder is back in shape. So now we will chase and cha cha cha along with some core work! Oy vey!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, that is just too funny! As the mother of three,let me also warn you about laughter and sneezes! I think it is our bladders rebelling after having tiny people parked on top of them for months! But seriously...lululemon after a baby...good for you!

Lee said...

haha, thats so funny, and boy I know it. If I dont pee before class, 10 jumping jacks in and I am in trouble. Its better than it was, I guess we need to do our kegals.

Leslie said...

Hehe ...you're not alone, sister. I undress at night and go "When did that happen!?" :-D

L&D said...

Well you can read my recent post and do what I'm doing. Pedometer. That's all I have to say.