Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Ry Guy and a picture of cuteness!

What a crazy few days we have had!

Thursday was my man's birthday and we were suppose to meet my family for dinner. On my way I called Ry to remind him that he was to stop at the restaurant we had chosen rather than continue home (in the past he has forgotten events and been half way home when I called him to find out where he was!)

When I got no answer on his cell I was surprised. I tried again and got a rather stunned hubby who had just been in a car accident. Luckily besides being sore and a little shocked he was okay. Sadly the same can't be said for the car.

Ry was on the freeway when the truck in front of him checked up(aka slammed on the brakes). Ry was able to stop before hitting the truck but a 1 ton van didn't notice Ry slow down and hit him sending our car underneath the truck in front. The truck had a hitch so the front of our car is rather mangled.

The ICBC guy said based on th age of the car he doubts that it will be fixable. Which means we will have to empty our savings account (that was for the family reunion this year in Vail). We'll hopefully find out Monday or Tuesday if the car is a write off and then try and buy a car in a matter of days. Arrrrrr!

So after getting a ride into Abbotsford we picked Ry up and ordered dinner as going out didn't seem like such a good idea anymore. I gave him one fierce hug when I finally saw him. I am so thankful that he was okay. More than one person has asked how he could be okay, especially given the state of the car. I am very thankful he is okay!


Here is a picture of the Bean in an emergency bath in the sink at my mom's! It was a code brown in the words of my sister!

4 comments:

suzspeaks said...

I'm so glad that he's ok! Happy Birthday to your man! HOpe you're having a good weekend!

She is just precious!

Family Of Five said...

She is SO cute!!! Your poor hubby man. Happy Belated Birthday to him though!

Jamie said...

I'm glad to hear he was OK. What a scary birthday present!

kelly ens said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby - and glad he's ok!
what a CUTE picture of baby G :)