My computer has bit the dust! I am currently at my mom's typing this as our hard drive has gone to meet it's maker. Right now it is at a repair shop - hopefully getting the data (and photos) recovered. So I may be MIA for a bit
Word to the wise - unless you burn your photos onto CD every time you upload - put them onto an external hard drive as well as your regular hard drive! Too little too late for us - all of our pictures of Bean and most since the fall when I did my last burn are lost - so I am paying $$$ to have a computer geek try and rescue them! Dell recommended an external hard drive to use as back up and an external hard drive costs less than the computer geek ;-)
Ta ta for now!
5 comments:
I hope you get your pics back!!!!
I am always scared that our pictures will be lost. We usually back stuff up once a month but I guess we better be more regular.
That's a good reminder to have backup CDs! I should get on that. I hope your pictures can be recovered!!
Are we still on for tomorrow afternoon?
Time for a Mac!
Your pictures might still be on your camera chip. My sister had thought she lost all her pictures (she thought about 40). Her last ditch hope was to go to Black's photography and see if they could retrieve them. Apparently, unless you format your chip in your camera after every download, the pictures are actually still there. They charged her $10 and they burned them onto a CD for her and there were over 700 pictures.
Good luck.
Barb
Post a Comment