Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Acting?

Will I ever get my act together?

This having two kids is so time consuming! I know all the other mom's out there are laughing at me especially if you have more than 2! I really need alone time to recharge my batteries. Yet with kids I find it nearly impossible to get, or rather I have to seek it out and put off things to get it. There is no such thing as having nothing to do. Something can always be put away or cleaned up. Laundry is always waiting to be done and a mouth is always wanting food - usually "coe-quit" is requested aka chocolate(such his mother's boy).

Part of my problem is my own lack of motivation to do anything. It is so much work to do anything and drag two kids around. One is always mad about whatever we are doing - which make the other upset. Even going out for a walk involves at least one tantrum, one screaming baby as I try and get all the layers on, and one sweaty mama trying to do stroller set up!

I see other mom's out there food shopping, and meeting at the Starbucks. They look cute dressed in barf free clothes with calm quiet children! Is it just me who has kids that can not be taken out in public without a 1:1 ratio of kids to adults?

Right now is my hour off - J-man is in his room chanting "Queen, Queen, Queen" as in Lightening McQueen. Bean is stirring so it may be more like my 15 minutes off.

On a more positive note the sun is shining! And we got what we had hoped in value for our car from ICBC - now we are in a frantic search for a new vehicle! So I should run and use the last 7 minutes of my free time searching craigs list for a car ;-)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this post! I was just ranting to Nate about how exhausted I was ... that I almost cried when I realized I needed to unload the dishwasher. I got the "why don't you sleep when the kids f all asleep?" Because I need ME ME ME time .. hence here I am at 11:12pm.

I am in my prison-like home where I work nonstop doing "kid" things, wondering what legal drug I can give to where Mr Bean stops for 2hrs in the afternoon to catch a break. (that sounds scary ... sorry)

Anyway - know that you're not alone and it is challenging. We will make it through and in 18yrs we'll be wondering what to do with so much time on our hands!

Family Of Five said...

My secret?? I never leave home without my bag of tricks!! Toys, stickers, paper, pens.... FOOD!! Snacks, drinks, treats! I always have something to entertain them or keep them happy! :)