Monday, May 01, 2006

Vernon Weekend

This weekend we went up to Vernon to visit some family friends, H & I. H turned 90 in March so we went to throw him a little party. H&I may be 90 and 92 but they are young at heart. They’ll stir up trouble and laugh till they fall down. They lived next door to us when I was a child. We have all moved away from the Lake but we are still in contact. We reminisced about old times - like my mom bringing us over to their house in the middle of the night several days before Christmas because we had a chimney fire. Our log house was heated by our wood burning fire places so there were many times that we had the fire department over for a little BBQ in the chimney. Of course due to the holidays we couldn’t get our chimney fixed till after Christmas so H&I convinced my parents to spend Christmas with them as we had 3 base board heaters in the upstairs bedrooms for heat and nothing else (we froze our butts off before they finally dragged my stubborn parents over to there house). H& I’s family still say that was one of the best Christmas’s ever. Although I don’t remember much of it, I would have to agree. Below are some pics of our weekend.

No comments: