Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Back at work!

I am now officially a working mom. I left my sweet baby at the sitters on Tuesday morning - pinching my arm as I walked to my car to prevent myself from crying. Got to work where all my co-workers welcomed me back. It was good to see them again. Of course I nearly died working a full day- by 3 o'clock I was ready to lie down and sleep on the floor. I refused to let myself call to check on Jack. I didn't want to hear if he was having a hard day because then I knew I'd be a basket case. If I got distracted I'd screw up and mistakenly post something wrong - I really didn't want to be out several thousand dollars on the first day!


So after work I rush to my car. Rather than lower the windows, attach the face plate, and get comfy, I strapped on the seat belt and was several sweaty blocks before I got the a/c on. I was going to rescue my baby who must be frantic by now!!! I pull up in front of the house. Race to the door (always remove the seat belt before trying to exit the car!) A & J met me at the door. I hold my arms out (sure he is going to leap into them). Instead he looks behind A's shoulder toward the family room. A hands him to me - do I get a cuddle?? Nope he pushes away. He wants to go back to finish dancing with A & the Wiggles (Australian group that is ANNOYING). Apparently he had napped well, ate well and been really happy!

So I am thrilled that my J loves his sitter, that he loves her grandchildren, that he was okay with me being gone. But I am crushed that he doesn't seem to miss his mama. I should focus on the positive though - that he is happy and content in daycare and that makes it easier for me to continue working.

No comments: