Monday, April 17, 2006

Hoppy Easter

Not much is happening around here. Spent the weekend wallowing in self pity as there was no turkey (or ham) and no family gathering. Marisa, my dear sister, has left us for the greener pasture of Maryland. It seems that when she moved away she took with her the families desire to slave away over a dead bird carcass. Alas, but I am still here I cry to my mother!

Cooking a huge feast like this is a lot of work. So as I am the one who wants it I have even offered to cook it all. But no my parents aren’t interested. Maybe it is because I am a Christian and my parents are not (or are at the very least non practicing Christians). After all Easter is rather significant to the Christian faith. Sometimes it feels like my parents are purposely trying to take away the meaning from any holidays relating to Christ just to spite me.

If my parents ever get around to reading my blog I am going to be up the creek without a paddle. Oh and to top off the depression of the weekend Marisa told me today that she probably won’t make it back in August as she had thought. So now the next time I’ll see her will hopefully be Christmas. I am off to go eat a bunch of my chocolate bunny – perhaps that will make me feel happy again

4 comments:

Rob, Lisa & Ryken John said...

I'm sorry your Easter wasn't very happy, erin. I should have invited you to our place! Next time you're so on my list. See ya tommorow.

Lee said...

that stinks. we didn't really get a nice dinner either, I don't call bunwiches a nice Easter dinner. But I wasn't in the mood to do one either. You should of had US over! Mmm, I love ham.

Ej said...

Next year Leah! The funny thing is we had bunwiches too!

Anonymous said...

Oh just wait a minute. You can not say bad things about your Mother on a blog. But now that you did, young gals --we old gals get tired and really need you to take on the family stuff sometimes. We get tired, bone tired and so grab the ham and run with it. You have to make the good times any way you can.