Friday, April 25, 2008

Hit me baby one more time!

I am down for the count...hopefully for the last time!!! I got a sinus infection - so now I am on anti-biotics, nasal spray and have to use a Neti Pot daily. This better be the end of it because I am sick of being sick!!!

J-man has been quite funny the last few days. Since we are int hrows of potty training we have lots of bathroom moments. The best one today being J looking into the toilet as he pees and exclaiming quite proudly "bubos bubos" aka bubbles! So now he checks every time for bubbles.. So cute!

Baby G is being super cute these days too - today she sat on her own for a few seconds - grinning from ear to ear that she had managed to figure it out! She also discovered her toes yesterday and spent a lot of time grabbing them and then starting at them in pure shock! You could see the question in her mind "What are these cool things?"

We are going to take it easy this weekend - maybe head to the beach to run on the sand in the afternoon - weather permitting.

For any of my fellow method lovers - it is on sale at Canadian Tire right now! The omop is 25% off and I think most of the other products are marked down - I plan to stock up!!! I bought the omop earlier this week(so will be going back for a price check!) and I LOVE IT! So much better than a swiffer with the added bonus on not putting petroleum clothes(that is what swiffer clothes are made of) into landfills! I have been hunting in many places for method - always looking for where I can find it and at what price. So far I have found a good selection at Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, Safeway(although really expensive there), and London Drugs. Of course the best place to get them would be Target - and they have the whole line unlike up here. Once my passport is renewed I will be heading to a Target to stock pile my favorites!

I am sure most moms have heard by now about BPA bottles being banned - in case you didn't know - London Drugs will take anything they sold(as in if they used to carry it) and give you a refund card. You do not have to have bought it there and you don't need a receipt. They have assigned a value to items - I got $145 back from my stash of Avent bottles/breast pump/sterilizer. London Drugs also carries Born Free bottles(which I was already using and love). So if there are any left you can stock up using the money you get back. A shout out to London Drugs for removing all the BPA items from the shelves rather than selling them at a discounted price which apparently some stores are doing!

Phew, what started out as a short post has gotten quite long so I will leave you with that for now ;-)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I've had a cold for the past week as well...but no sinus infection...I hope this is the end of the sickies in your house...you've all suffered long enough!!

I'm going to have to check out that Method stuff...sounds very appealing!!

Have a great weekend!!