Sunday, May 11, 2008

Welcome Back

Is anyone still reading? LOL!

I haven't had much to say lately - and not many people have been posting either - although I admit I have been especially bad! I haven't updated the kids blog in over a month - I cringe at all the work that is going to take. Perhaps during nap time tomorrow I'll try to start.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's and mother's in waiting.

We had Mother's Day weekend. On Saturday my sister and I made dinner for my mom and then attempted to watch a movie with two kids shrieking and carrying on. Not very relaxing but still fun. Then today Ry brought me breakfast in bed and then we headed out to church. Once we got home everyone headed for naps and I worked on the flip book for my Mother-In-law. I'll try and post photos of that on my card blog tomorrow. Then we picked up pizza and had dinner with my In Laws. J-man and Baby G are so in love with both sets of grandparents right now. It is so cute to see.

Since having kids I have realized how much I will miss seeing my kids on special days once they are grown up. So I have tried hard to ensure that Ry sees his mom on those days - as it seems he just doesn't think of it, and neither do his brothers. Not on purpose of course I just don't think that it occurs to them.

Although my Mother's Day wasn't relaxing or indulgent it was fun and I feel blessed. Ry and the kids bought me a new set of cordless phones. I have been begging for new ones as our old one was always suffering from a dead battery(and we were on our 3rd set). I also wanted more than one hand set so that if one died I wouldn't be without a phone downstairs. I love practical gifts(yes I am a geek!) and technology gifts are a close second. Nothing makes my heart sing more ;-)

We also made a flash decision to go on a mini trip next weekend - my niece will be playing in a parade with her school band and we are all packing up and going to watch. For non BC-ers it is Victoria Day next Monday(is that just a BC thing or is it Canada wide???). So I have spent the night on the phone and computer arranging hotels and ferrries(or at least trying - the web site has been down tonight).

Okay I have gone on long enough for tonight - I am going to start a new thing here - Method Monday - yes I am addicted to Method - and every Monday I'll give you a review of something I have tried. I'll also introduce you to my favourite blogger (and he makes my addiction look tame-LOL!)

4 comments:

kristo said...

I'm still reading...I check here about once a week. :-)
You've made me addicted to Method too! I love those products, especially with a kid in the house.

Leslie said...

I'm still a fan - what you go through makes me laugh because I'm SO THERE with you. And what a good auntie you are ... making all this effort to go see her in the parade. Mark my words, this will be something she'll never forget!!

kelly ens said...

glad you had a good mothers day - i would be equally excited by something like new cordless phones, so i definitely understand :)

L&D said...

Still here too! Yay for mother's day gifts. Glad you had a memorable day.