On Friday J-man brought me his shoes, his coat and finally the diaper bag - and then told me in J speak that it was time to get out of the house. Poor kid - he was desperate to look at something besides these 4 walls and his mom!
We are in the throws of potty training - it took us a few weeks to even get him to be willing to sit on the toilet. Now that he'll do that we have been in underwear all day for 2 days. The big problems is if I don't hover ;-) He doesn't always empty his bladder so he'll need to go 10 minutes after we just went, or if he has had juice and then it flies through him and we end up going through 3 pairs of pants in 20 minutes. Eventually he'll get it - I am not stressed about it at all. I think as a parent to a developmentally delayed child there are so many things that we are working on that peeing in the potty is just another on the list.
He is doing pretty well considering all the therapists he's seen lately. Most have gone pretty well - except the physiotherapist. I didn't like her - she was cold and seemed to be a big cloud of negativity. When I got the report one of the things she noted was that J had "quite a high squeaky voice" - What??? He is almost 3 - he sounds like every other 3 year old to me - loud and when excited a bit high pitched ;-) And what on earth could that have to do with his walking??? Last time I check that was not related. For those who have met J - does he have a squeaky voice and I just never noticed? Anyway that was a bit insulting to me - and when you read all the reports I get saying how behind he is for his age etc. you develop a thick skin for other's saying your perfect baby isn't perfect(at least to them).
Tomorrow is earth day! So turn out some lights, recycle and eat organic! If I get a chance I will post some of my favorite earth friendly products(bum genius cloth diapers over on G make the cut!)
2 comments:
You know, all that matters is that he's happy; that is our responsibility ... and the fact we raise them the best we can. You watch - he'll grow up and blow everyone out of the water. Good job on potty training!! M is 3.5 and we're still very much struggling. And ps: Maysen very much has a high pitch excited 3yr old voice. I bet she printed her degree from the computer.
Best of luck on the potty-training. I think your laid-back attitude will make it go better. Micah never did well when we pressured him :)
And I don't think Jack's voice is any higher-pitched than any other kids! That's a weird comment for a physiotherapist to make...
Way to go on the cloth diapers. I still have some sitting in my change table here and you are ALMOST inspiring me to start it up again...
Post a Comment