Hello my friend, hello - can you hear me singing(It's a Neil Diamond song from the stone age - my mother was a huge fan - painful as it was).
So much going on in my head - I am at a loss where to start or even what I want to write about.
Yesterday we had such an amazing speaker at church. The pod cast isn't up yet and since it was a guest speaker I don't know if they'll post it. Should they put it up I'll add a link. Phil Callaway was our speaker. He spoke on the fact that laughing matters. He was very funny but he also spoke truth and that stuck with me even after the laughter stopped.
One of the many stories he told was about one of his sons. His son couldn't sleep(anyone else ever had kids wake you in the middle of the night?? - LOL). He tucked his son back into bed and told him to think of things he was thankful for, or happy about and then soon he'd no longer be scared. His son asked him to go first(not quite what Phil had in mind). Phil's wife was ill from seizures and the prognosis wasn't good. But he started anyway. One of things he said he was thankful was spoken for me(at least it felt that way). He said he was thankful for the darkness for then he could see the stars.
So right now I am in the darkness. Not feeling too happy about it ;-) But it is only in the dark that I can see the stars. So I sit here star gazing. Someday the sun will rise and I'll be in the light but for now I am going to find joy in the stars.
3 comments:
Oh my! I can relate to being in dark times.... it seems to loom over my head! Hugs to you and your family. Hope everything will be okay! :)
Oh *hugs*
Sorry you're having a rough time right now.
*hug* We all have these times, whatever they might be. And you know what - we all get through them, too. Sometimes when I'm alone star gazing - that's when I learn the most about myself.
Post a Comment