Whew - that was the cold from...well sorry there is no nice way to say it ...hell. Three weeks of it circling through us all. We each got it twice with the second coming being worse...much much worse than the first.
How sick was I? I worked 2 shifts in two weeks - an those under duress as I was sure I was going to get harassed for life if I didn't go. I actually slept with the Vicks Vaporub and a roll of TP(ran out of Kleenex weeks ago) - and I mean hugging them in my sleep, jar of vicks open underneath my nose. Coughing till I threw up - really fun I gotta tell you. J-man and I watched more TV than I ever thought humanly possible - but getting off the couch was too difficult. In fact I didn't get out of my pj's for 3 days - didn't even shower for 2. But the true test of how sick - I didn't even turn on my computer for 2 yes TWO whole days. I don't know if that has happened since I got my computer. When I have been on holidays I have gone a few days(of course that was pre-blog). But home - not working - even sick I have checked. The day I gave birth - I checked my email.
So many apologies for posting nothing for almost a week but I was sure my germs would spread through the computer ;-) Mostly better now - still a little frog in my throat and the occasional cough but I can at least work. The house looks like a bomb hit it - eventually I'll clean up, right now I am too tired to care.
4 comments:
Glad to hear you're all on the mend. I think being sick is the toughest part about being a mom. Hope the germs stay away from you for a long, long time! Take care!
Welcome back to the land of the living. Now, the question is how are you going to get your nose back to non-red-and-raw shape. Poor nose. I'm glad you're feeling better..
Wow. Sounds like you had it rough. Glad you're feeling better.
yikes - sounds awful! glad you're healing!
Post a Comment