J-man is doing really well with the adjustment - he doesn't care if I hold baby G but if daddy has her - yikes! This has made it easier for me as he seems to just accept that I need to feed or carry G around a lot. Sadly it means Ry hasn't had as much time with her - but I am trying to give them time together after J has gone to bed - I also can get things done without worrying that she'll wake J. Of course J has distanced himself from me a bit too much for my liking - so today I tried to spend some extra time with him. He has never been a cuddle monkey but we did have our special things. Such as I always give him a 'ride' down the stairs after his nap. Sadly I was told I wasn't allowed to lift him for at least 2 weeks post delivery so that has been hard to lose the ability to carry him. I often feel that both kids are being denied me but I know it is just learning to spread one person among two little ones instead of one to one.
Luckily we are starting to see a bit of a routine - everything takes longer but I have been trying to keep J-man's routine similar to before and develop one for G. So far so good - I have managed to shower everyday! We'll see how long it last ;-)
2 comments:
ah, the joys of 'sharing' mommy :) Hope you're all able to adjust well. Baby G is so gorgeous!!!!
and major congrats on showering every day! If you've started it now already, my bet is that you'll be able to keep it going :)
ps. not that i wanted to delete my congrats comment on your last post, i just didn't want to keep my email addy up there for all to see! :) so congrats!
Very interesting the sibling rivalry beginning so early on. Oh the things I have to look forward to one day!
Post a Comment