Friday, November 09, 2007

Mama Mia!

Jackson has now started to freak out! So we are having lots of tantrums! I feel like all I do is discipline him or talk harshly! He has been refusing to get dressed in the morning and then refusing to change his diaper all day. He also thinks of me as his personal punching/hitting bag - which he has never done before so we have been laying down the hammer on that one! As for getting dressed - it has to happen so it tends to be a time of tears (his or mine take your pick!) and then a time out followed by a cuddle and make up time! I have been telling him he needs to say sorry - it sounds so cute!

My mom tells me this too shall pass! Please may it pass quickly! I hear my little princess crying for some food so adios!

3 comments:

Amber said...

my goodness! i'm 10 days late....how have i not been here since the birth of your daughter????

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

She is beautiful!!!!!

off to catch up on your posts, just had to get that out of the way first :) all the best!

L&D said...

Oh dear. This sounds frustrating.
You know your boy best, you are his mom. go with your heart. You'll never lose. Best of luck.

Family Of Five said...

I always did the very same thing as you..... I will share something interesting with you I just learned at a workshop: The lady expressed the difference between being sorry and making kids say sorry. How we need to teach our kids empathy and understanding. SO actually just this morning I gave it a try, my girl is 2.5. She hit my son in the back super hard. I picked her up and put her in her bed and said "You need to stay right here till I come back to deal with you" I comforted my son then went back to her. I told her that hitting was NOT nice. I asked her how she thought it made Easton feel... being hit.... was it something that made him feel good or bad? She said bad. I told her it was not nice to make other people feel bad and that it hurt him. I then asked her what SHE could do to help make him feel not bad? She said make him feel good. I said yes, what are some ways you could make him feel good. She was a bit too young to come up with some so I gave her some choices. You could hug people or kiss them to make them feel good, you could say sorry, you could tell him you don't want him to feel bad. But you need to find a way to make up for making him feel bad. She said she was going to kiss him, went up to his back, lifted his shirt and kissed his back and gave it a little rub. I never realized before but in that moment it was wonderful that I hadn't MADE her say sorry she was doing something genuine NOT so she wasn't in trouble but to make him feel better. It was an interesting concept. I have been trying to use more how something makes other people feel instead of just being right or wrong..... how does this affect and how would one feel if it was being done to them. Do you like if people hit you.... how would that make you feel.... how do you thing I or she or he feels when you are hitting?? Just something I learned and have been playing around with!