Friday nights - it is the universal takeout or go out night in our house. I often work till 6:30 so by the time I get home it is 7:15 - dinner isn't exactly something I feel like making at that late hour.
So this week it was White Spot Triple O's (the drive through ones at Chevron's not the sit down restaurant). Firstly the service there is slower than stink - if it wasn't for the secret sauce I'd never go. But we wanted it so I got off the freeway and got into line. I waited 5 minutes to get to the order speaker. Then I sat there fore another 5 minutes before anyone spoke to me - I though about beeping but decided that would be rude - and there were several people ahead of me and behind - didn't want to annoy them either.
Finally placed my order - she gave me my total - I nearly chocked - $24 for take out - man I could have gone to Earls for that. Anyway I'd placed the order and was stuck in line so I inched forward. Then I waited...and waited...and waited for the car ahead of me to get their food.
Sweet they are leaving - okay I get tot he window - I ask the lady to print out my bill as it seemed a bit high. She read it back to me - it was correct - hmmm those milk shakes for Ry and J-man must be pricey (note for next time - not shakes) Then she tells me it is $26.74 - excuse me - I try to ask her a question but she has disappeared. Ahhh what the heck - I asked for a bill so I can check it int he car and go back in if I need too - I just want my food.
So I wait... and wait...and wait. At last she starts putting food in a bag. "Here's your iced tea," she says
"Ummm I didn't order an iced tea." I tell her.
"Oh really? hmmm...okay," was her witty response.
So the iced tea goes back through the window and I wait...and wait...and wait.
"Here are your three burgers" is the next thing I hear.
"I only ordered two burgers." I calmly reply - I can tell this 16 year old girl is about to lose it so I decide just to be the one nice person in line as I can tell from the expression of the guy behind me that he is not happy with his wait.
"oh...okay." So she reaches in and takes the extra burger out and hands me the bag.
I drive around the building and park - as I doubt they got my order right. Sure enough - J-man's chicken pieces are missing.
So Inside I go. "oh good the lady came back." I hear exclaimed across the counter. "here are your chicken pieces and your other burger."
I almost started to laugh - that darn burger really wanted to come home with me. "The burger isn't mine."
They all look perplexed. "Do you just want it take it anyway?" They ask - I have all three staff now in front of me - who knows how long the people in line had to wait because if me.
"Sure" I say - get me out of here was all I could think. I imagine that is why my bill was so high - they added a extra burger and perhaps the iced tea that I sent back.
The burgers and fries were good - but the chicken pieces were overdone so they were like chicken jerky - poor J-man. He ate a bit then munched on my fries and Ry's burger - followed by 3/4 of his shake.
I have saved the best part of this story for the end(stay with me I know this is a marathon post)
While (trying) to pay for my meal they couldn't get my debit card to work. They swiped fast, they swiped slow, they looked for a bag - but nothing worked. From the back hidden from view a voice pipes up "Just rub some grease from the fryer on the card." Umm no - please don't do that to my card. I am try to tell the girl no - please don't. But nope she is gone and I see her coming back rubbing my card - ewwwwwww there is grease on my card. Can we say contamination of the food source! Gross!!!!!!!!! So they finally get my card to work and then - this is the clincher here - hand me back my card without wiping it off! I gingerly take the card between two fingers and search the glove box for a napkin(mom's are always prepared!) I scrub vigorously and get most of the residue off. I did put it back in my wallet - but come Monday I will order a new card - every time I see it I just shudder.
So there you go - Friday night dinner - any ideas for next week????
10 comments:
Holy Cow! You should prepare a bill this weekend and send it to THEM!
$1.23 per extra minute in line
$5.66 for snotty 16yr old attitude
$3.33 for HAVING to take the extra burger.
$10.82 for having all staff stare at you after you've been at work all day.
$536.99 for fry grease. Um. Ew. Makes PB&J look like heaven, huh?
OH grody. Seriously. Well I guess you won't be returning there again. Chinese next week.
That is SO gross!!! What customer service. We like Boston Pizza! Crispy chicken pecan salad is yummy, so is their beef dip and their thai chicken bites. Both my little ones like the 'bugs n cheese'. Good luck!
That is disgusting!!!! I find all fast food restaurants have gone downhill with their service. Seriously are kids getting dumber as we get older? That would never have gone down when I worked at Mcpukes years ago.
I agree with everyone. That is so gross that your debit card got grease put on it and it the lady didn't even rub it off. I would have said something for the rude service. Pray that the next time you go out you will have better service.
hA. i like leslie's comment :)
what a story...how incapable!
ewwwwwwwwwww
OK I don't think I will be going to White Spot for awhile. I can't believe that girl didn't ask you before she dipped your card in that icky grease. The thought just makes me sick.
You sure have your share of adventures. :0)
If it makes you feel any better friends of mine had a mouse in their drink at Kelsey's once.
That is NASTY.... and so funny! Who even thinks like that???
Post a Comment