Monday, February 12, 2007

Lookin Fine!

Ding Dong - goes the door bell.

Nuts - I am still in my pj's - my hair is contained under a headband and I look HOT HOT HOT!

I rip the head band off - shake the hair to get it to lie a bit flatter, zip up my fleece sweater - and crack the front door open - beep beep beep - forgot to turn off the alarm system "Hold on!" I yell a the man standing there.

Bip bip boop - turn off the alarm. Okay turn back around and walk back to the door - which is slightly ajar - the man is peering through the door at me (probably thinking - yikes!)

He is from BC Hydro - he's come to check the meter problem we reported - he has the smug look of - you are crazy lady but I still have to check this out!

So he pulls the meter out and low and behold - we have been charged for the wrong meter. So now a full investigation has been started and our account frozen(we still get power just no bills!!)

Two minutes later Hydro man leaves and I go back inside - glancing in the mirror - oh do I look good!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

So 12 years worth of hydro has to be sorted out - as the meters were recorded wrong in 1994! I smell a rebate cheque coming my way!!!

PS I have started a blog for my Stamping - http://crazystamper.blogspot.com/ so come check it out if you are feeling stampy!! Yes I know - Hello my name is Ej and I am a blog addict!

6 comments:

Rob, Lisa & Ryken John said...

Hey Erin, that explains your crazy bills, eh? I'm going right now to your stampin blog, and can't wait to see what you post.
By the way you just double posted;)

Ej said...

Thanks Lisa - not quite sure how that happened but the computer is doing strange things lately! All fixed now ;-) - the blog not the computer

Christina said...

O my. I say a cruise is in order...? Somewhere hot & tropical. Spend it all b4 the gov gets it back!

Ej said...

Amen Christina!!!!

Leslie said...

That's insane ... I think you deserve a refund plus what they call "OH CRAP WE DID THAT?!" check to you. That's terrible :(

kelly ens said...

oooooh....what a delightful ending! (though i'm sure that being in the midst of the billing madness was no fun!).