Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Flying my freak flag!

Today I am flying my freak flag. Look at me I am a nut. What made me one step closer to a padded room you ask? The DENTIST! I ventured to the dentist today in an effort to pay for another of the many office reno's or perhaps a weekend trip to Palm Springs for the doctor.

Every visit starts off the same - that nasty gritty polish! With all the technology today you'd think they could come up with some way to polish your teeth without that nasty grit! It is gross - kind of like eating a handful of sand. Can anyone enjoy that??? Then they cram that large gag inducing plastic thing in your mouth to take x-rays. So I am covered up with a lead vest with drool starting to seep out the corners of my mouth. I count backwards from 10 to 1 so that I don't gag and chuck all over the new floors (that my root canal in December paid for). Yes I am a glamour queen.

My poor dentist - he is so very nice to me - I think they have flagged my file with a red sticker that says "freak, nut case, loony bin escapee". He offers me sedatives with every visit. Do you think that is for me or for him?

2 comments:

Lee said...

your title made me laugh! Oh and i soo relate to the fear of dentist thing :(

Anonymous said...

I personally think we dental phobics need a 12 step program. If you need a laugh, remember there are people afraid of styromfoam and garden dwarfs --I saw it all on Tyra!