Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I know I should be asleep but...

It is nice and quiet here. At 11:45pm everyone but me is sleeping. Yeah I have to get up tomorrow morning but I love this time of night. The stillness of singing crickets and the occasional car driving by. Nobody wants anything of me. There is just me. I love my family to bits but sometimes it is nice just to be me...alone. The weather was cooler today so it is nice in our house tonight. Windows open smelling like summer. Summer, it's sounds and smells remind me of being a teenager. You know sneaking back out after curfew to go sit and talk with friends(or cute boys). Jumping into a lake fully dressed because nobody brought a suit. Sitting around a camp fire. Laughing like a loon...just because you can. So now I should head to bed - Summer - there is nothing like it.

No comments: