her grandma.
My Grandma passed away on Sunday morning. I was on my way to the hospital when it happened so I missed see her before she died. But I did see her once I got there. Not the same though. Still I am glad I got to see her.
My sister was with her when she died - my parents had stepped out to go grab a quick coffee. My dad was upset that he wasn't there(as it was his mom) but we figure Grandma was probably waiting for him to leave.
She hadn't been well - suffering from dementia the last 10 months or so. So it was a blessing for her I think.
Sad for us though. This week we are making all the plans - not much to do really as most of it was already set up by my grandparents years ago. Her room was cleaned out where she was staying today by my mom and aunt. It is amazing how little can be left over from a long life. Most of her things had been dealt with after my Grandpa died and she was moved to a care facility. A few bags and a box or two was all that was left today.
Didn't really think this was going to be such a long post - sorry - must need a vent :) Once I cheer up I'll tell you about the flu that got us all(oh yes J was not the only victim - lol)
6 comments:
i'm sorry.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma, and that you weren't able to see her before she died.
Praying for you this week.
I'm so sorry... You'll be in my thoughts and prayers...
So sorry to hear about your Grandma!
Awww.... hugs to you my friend!! I know how hard it can be... even if they were ready to go! I will be thinking of you and your family!
I'm very sorry to hear about your grandma. Its been a long time that I haven't had grandparents in my life...but I still miss them like crazy! I hope that you can find peace in the memories that you have of her...she'll always be in your heart. Big ((HUGS)) to you! Take care...and I'm always here for you to vent to...anytime, good or bad!
Post a Comment