Thursday, December 04, 2008

How to ...

Be a mean mummy!

Today we were driving home and I needed to keep Little G from napping. Therefore I employed the following :)

1. Sing like a loon - anything from Christmas to Twinkle Twinkle will work. Keep in mind soothing pretty voices will have the opposite effect. Sing it a bit high for your range and you'll have the perfect nails on a chalk board style needed.

2. Turn the volume up VERY suddenly on the stereo. Keep in mind the idea it to startle not deafen the child so use judgement here!

3. Employ older child to poke youngest.

4. Last but not least - lower window. At first just the sound will startle the child out of sleepy land but you may need to resort to opening all the way. This is most successful with sunlight streaming in and cold air so I recommend 2-10 degrees for proper shock and awake value.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ooooo, I've done these too. Are we really mean? :)