Monday, September 08, 2008

Method Monday - Babies and Kids

Don't you just love the smell of a clean baby? No drool, spit up or food encrusted into their hair! I am not sure how but Baby G and J-man can get food, dirt and a multitude of unidentifiable things caked all over their little bodies daily.

Every night around 7 pm each kid gets a bath. After the preliminary soak - to loosen the mum mum and cheerios, out comes the method baby wash. With the pleasant scent of mallow and rice milk it cleans Baby G's little chubby body - and it also acts as a shampoo. One of my favourite things about the baby wash is the cap acts like a cup/bucket for helping to rinse them off. There is a hole on one side that has two purposes - #1 it makes getting the cap off easier and helps dry out the bottle by giving it some air flow should your little angle pull the bottle into the bath with them and # 2 you can make a spout - water control is very important when rinsing their hair. Tear free or not kids get awfully ticked off when you poor water over their face - yes we have learned that the hard way. Once dried off and ready for bed - is their anything better than a little cuddle with a sleepy, cuddly baby that smells good??? And not that horrible fake baby powder scent that seems to be everywhere.

J-man, being a bit older gets a scrub-a-dub-dub with the fuzzy peach body wash for kids. Method gets props for a cute bottle - it looks a little like our Olympic mascots. It has a squeeze function bottle - ie. you squeeze the bottle and soap comes out the bottom. Very cool! I haven't had the bottle leak but I wouldn't travel with it(unless you keep the plug that come in it at the store) or let kids play with it, unless you like trying to clean half a bottle of kid wash out of your hallway carpet. The scent smells good in the bath and at bed time but my manly 3 year old doesn't smell fruity the next day on the play ground. There was also the green apple scent, which I didn't buy. Firstly because someone had tried to open the green apple and proceeded to get it all over the other green apple bottles on the shelf. Too much clean up for this traveller. And secondly green apple scent brings back a flash back of grade 8 (Salon Selective hair spray anyone??? Tease, spray, dry with hair dryer, spray, tease, and final spray! Skyscraper bangs complete.) Although I did like the method scent - it did not smell like my former favouite hair spray(just to clarify) - it is just the idea of green apple anything.

So out of 10 I would give the babywash a 9 (one point docked from not being in Canada)
and the kids wash an 8 (one point for not being in Canada and one for not being travel friendly).

Thats all I got for you tonight - I will try and take a photo of the bottles for you tomorrow.

4 comments:

L&D said...

I laugh at the thought of scrubbing my boy with peach smelling soap. My husband would get all huffy......sort of like when I put nail polish on the little boy's toes. Hee hee.

Happy scrubbing!

Leslie said...

Ok totally laughing about the Salon Selectives. That stuff rocked ... I personally had the skyscraper bangs, but then the tight curled bottom layer as well. Total wrong combo ...

Trev and Rebekah said...

I have heard lots about this Method stuff. How did you hear about it?

Trev and Rebekah said...

I like that in your profile the first thing you say is that you are a child of God. I think we all need to be reminded of that on a daily basis.