Ever since I got my lap top I never check blogs.
or post...insert sheepish smile here!
I think about blogging lots but I just don't get to it. Sometimes I get up here to the PC and go through my favourites. Obviously I need to start posting more.
Is it just me or has Facebook taken the world of blogging by storm? Quite a few of the blogs I used to read were deleted as their owners went Facebook crazy.
I keep tabs on some friends by reading their blogs or facebook profiles, yet I never hear from them in 'real life'. So I have been pondering if they are even really my friends. It is one thing if I never hung out with you and still don't. But if I used to be a friend and now only know about things because I read about it; is that really friendship??
I have a few friends where I have noticed that if I don't initiate something I don't hear from them. It got on my nerves for a bit and then I just released it. So I don't phone, or email them anymore. Some people are only friends with people who they see often or are exactly the same as them. Me I like a little diversity. You don't have to work with me, got to my church or for that matter go to church, you don't even have to live in the same town. If I think you are a fun person I will make an effort. Some people not so much and that is okay. I know I probably sound bitter but I am not...really I am not. Once I let go of the friends who didn't want me I have found so many friends who do. They are crazy and all over the map.
It is kind of freeing to stop trying to make myself fit in with others. I don't just march to my own drum - I've got a whole band. I don't know if it that I am getting older and therefore mature(as if I could ever get to mature - LOL) but I am caring less and less about what others think and embracing me for me. I AM okay just the way I am. You either love me or you don't and it is okay if you don't. I am okay if you don't - heck I may not love you either :)
Enough contemplation - time to sleep! Toodles!
5 comments:
I agree completely!
I'm still here.... by the way - my blog is not private anymore!
I hope you & yours have a great weekend!! Your new look is great by the way!
Amen sista!!!
I totally feel the same way! But I must admit...that I am guilty when it comes to not calling people...its like I'm afraid of the phone or something. I agree though that so many people check my blog or my facebook status and think they know exactly what's going on in my life. My parents think that my status on facebook tells exactly what I'm going through...NOT! I blocked them from seeing my status...they were starting to complain about the things that I put on there...do I care? NO! But they're all worried about what others may think of me! Whatever!!!
Anyways...we might be moving to the island...atleast thats our hope for the future...we'll have to hook up some day...I'm sure we'd have a blast!!
Take care...have a great weekend!!
I quite facebook because I realized there were too many people on my friend list who really weren't my friends.
I hear you about blogging too. Though I have had the joy of meeting some of my blogging friends and that was a lot of fun for me.
I have also had to let go of some friendships and in the end it's freeing because I can't spread myself too thin. I want to pour all I can into friendships.
Hey girl ... I am still here. Your faithful "don't even know ya" girl from Oregon and I couldn't agree more. As I got older i started feeling the same way about "why is hanging out so hard sometimes?" or I'd ever reach someone. So you're right ... let go. It's not "that" easy, but once you do it the stress is less! I'm trying to embrace me for me ... currently that's a work in progress but your words encourage me.
Wow...I just reread my comment...I sound really nasty! Must've been having a bad day! I seem to be having those alot as of late:(
I hope life's treating you swell!
Post a Comment