Sunday, July 27, 2008

For the love of MAC

I have several loves in my life(beyond my family etc.) And two of those loves are called MAC.

The first is MAC make-up - it is more expensive than anything you get at Wal-Mart but it is so much better. It has a lot more pigment in it so the colour is stronger - so you actually don't need to use as much. The only problem I have with them started recently. My sweet hockey loving son believes that the little black containers are pucks. I tried giving him an empty eyeshadow one yet he really prefers the the larger blush/shimmer size of which are not empty. Oh whoa is me!!!

A few days ago I heard him talking about hockey - I was making dinner and not really paying attention(don't you just know where this is going????) I see him from the corner of my eye grab one of his hockey sticks and go upstairs. He always plays hockey downstairs but hey I am just glad he is out of my hair so I can cook. I hear him upstairs is the bathroom(now I really should have clued in at this point but nope I am still in a fog downstairs-can I blame it on Dora or Diego????). A few minutes later he comes downstairs looking like a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins. My fabulous eye shimmer is all over him, even around his mouth ...almost as if he has tried to eat it - hmmmm. At a full run I zip up the stairs - and burst out laughing - the entire bathroom floor is shimmery purple. I find the container - and low and behold there is evidence of someone trying to eat it.

Suddenly it dawns on me that I have a left makeup covered boy downstairs - so back down I zip and wipe him down. I try valiently to give him a stern talking too about playing with mummy's makeup but it was hard to keep a straight face. I have photos of the offender - which I wil post once I get my cords back from Ry.

In case you are wondering about my other Mac love...it is my new laptop - oh how I love it. I will allow me to post to our travel blog when we are gone! It is flat black and very cool looking. Ry tired to convince me to call it Flatty - I refused. I call it Mac - and now J-man sees it and calls out "Hi Mac"

Method news : Safeway now carries the toilet bowl cleaner - so far it is the only Canadian retailer that I have seen that has it - it's also at a special intro price of $3.99 - I will be the crazy lady with a cart full of Method !!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I can't wait to see those pictures!!!

Everytime I see Method products...I think of you...awww;)