Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Knock on Wood???

J-man has been showing signs of interest in sleeping in a bed(rather than a crib). I was hesitant to move him as change is not something he usually deals well with. But today I got some sort of wild whim and I pulled the mattress out of the crib and put it on the floor next to the empty crib. I thought he might tell me to put it back in but instead he got up on the mattress and jumped a bit then toodled off to play.

So at nap time I put him on the mattress, gave him his blanket and left the room. I totally expected him to get up and follow me but he stayed there and went to sleep. When he woke I heard him yabber so I went into his room and he was still on his bed, smiling up at me.

I called Ry and my sister to tell them of this shocking development. Neither of them could believe it either.

Tonight I had to go out so Ry had to put J to bed alone. I told him to keep it light and if he freaked out we'd just pitch the mattress back in the crib and try his nap tomorrow(I'll post soon on J's blog about his appointment with the occupational therapist). I came home expecting that the nap was fluke but no, he had gone to bed without incident with his mattress still on the floor.

So now we wait and see how the night goes. So far not a peep - I just wonder what time we'll be getting up tomorrow!

No comments: