Saturday, August 25, 2007

Conversation with J-man

Me : One
J : Two
Me : Three
J: Fooo
Me: Five
J : Si (sound like six in French actually!)
Me : Seven
J : Eigh (think eh)
Me : Nine
J : Ten (although the n is soft so sometimes it sounds like teeee)

I noticed him counting like this the other day with a DVD he has. At first I thought I was hearing things but sure enough - he counts to 10 - but only the even numbers - go figure!

Last night we were at a my Godfather's birthday party. He is a new grandpa and the little baby was there. J did really well and actually seemed totally thrilled with the baby. Even when I held Baby C - he just wanted a turn holding him too - didn't care about me holding or cuddling this bundle. He would look at the baby and say "Baby, baby, baby" it was rather cute. Today I asked him

Are we going to have a baby soon? - he nodded yes
Are you going to be nice to the baby? He shakes his head no - which I thought was rather funny - I guess we'll see in a few months!
Last I asked but you still love mom and dad right? He nods yes

Now that he is comprehending at least some of what we say he is quite the comic!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That is awesome! Isn't it great when they start doing stuff like that, counting and recongnizing another baby is on the way! Maysen just says "NO BROVER, NO SISSER" when you ask him. He's in major denial :)